WordPress is well known as being easy to install. In most cases, installing WordPress is a very simple operation that takes no more than five minutes to be completed. The following instructions tell you what to do, whether you use the famous 5 minute install or you need more details.
What to know before you start
Before starting the installation, there are a few things you need to have and to do.
What you need for installation
You need access to your site and its directory and to certain software to install. Here is the list:
- Access to your web server (via shell or FTP)
- A FTP Client (if you need to install WordPress on a remote server)
- Your favorite browser
What you need to do to install
Begin your installation by:
- Check that you and your host meet the minimum requirement for running WordPress
- Download WordPress
- Unzip the downloaded file to a directory on your hard drive
Installation in 5 minutes
- Download and unzip WordPress.
- Create a MySql database for WordPress on your web server (with all the access and modification privileges).
- Upload WordPress files in the desired location on your Web server:
- If you want to place WordPress to your root domain (for example https://www.telework.ro/), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (excluding the directory itself) into the root directory your Web server.
- If you want to place your WordPress installation in a subdirectory of your website (e.g. http // wp.telework.ro/blog/), rename the wordpress directory with the name you chose for the subdirectory and move or upload it to your Web server. For example, if you want your WordPress installation is present in the subdirectory called “blog“, you should rename the directory called “wordpress” to “blog” and upload it to the root directory of your Web server.
- Go to the root of the wordpress installation with your browser and follow the installation steps.
- If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should go here: https://www.telework.ro/wp-admin/install.php
- If you installed WordPress in a subdirectory called blog, for example, you should go here: https://www.telework.ro/blog/wp-admin/install.php
- Select during this step the future main language of your blog.
There you go! WordPress should now be installed.
Translated from wordpress.org