Engineering Informatics is a discipline combining information technology (IT) – or informatics – with engineering concepts; It is an interdisciplinary scientific area focusing on the application of advanced computing, information and communication technologies to engineering.
Engineering Technology Areas
It emcompasses engineering technology areas in
- Distributed Engineering and Business Services
- Sensing, Monitoring, Control and Structural Dynamics
- Human and Social Modelling for Design Simulations
- Computational Engineering
- Networking computing for Engineering
- IT Applications in Engineering
- Systems and Network Technologies
- Interactive Media and Internet Development
- Logistics Management
Universities and Institutions offering Engineering Informatics
Engineering Informatics is a field of undergraduate study in university and Polytechnic
- Vilniaus Gedimino technikos universitetas
- Nanyang Polytechnic of Singapore (Engineering Informatics Programme)
- Advanced Engineering Informatics is a journal publication in the field of engineering informatics informatics is important in every sectors.
- Engineering Informatics Groupis a research group in Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305.