Scribd is an online document sharing site since March 2007. Its headquarters are in San Francisco (United States). Scribd was founded in 2006 by Trip Adler.
iPaper has been focused on the Drupal platform, WordPress and Ruby On Rails. There are also extensions for Joomla.
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- PostScript (.ps)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pps, .pptx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- OpenOffice Text Document (odt, sxw)
- OpenOffice Presentation Document (odp, .sxi)
- OpenOffice Spreadsheet (.ods, .sxc)
- All OpenDocument formats
- Plain text (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
Products and features
Since the launch of iPaper, Scribd document sharing technology has evolved. Here are some things that have been added to the user experience:
- An e-commerce section has been developed (the Scribd Store) to enable booksellers to increase their distribution networks.
- The revenue-sharing with Adsense has been removed, due to lack of added value that the product brought.
- Users can now “brand” their documents via the free program “branded reader.”
- Users can now upload their documents directly from their accounts to their Google Docs Scribd accounts.
- The interface is now HTML5 on compatible browsers, allowing the display of documents without using Adobe Flash plugin.