Home » Articole » EN » Business » Translation » Organizations » Globalization and Localization Association

Globalization and Localization Association

posted in: Organizations 0

The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is an international non-profit organization that encourages local communications as an indispensable component to a global strategy.

  • GALA was created in April 2002 by 15 localization companies from 12 countries on 4 continents.
  • In five years, the GALA membership grew to almost 250 member companies from 45 countries.
  • 90% of GALA’s membership is made up of language service providers while the remaining 10% consists of tools providers and other industry related providers (industry publications, research firms, education/workshop providers)
  • GALA and its members support enterprises in making globalization and localization a sophisticated and integral part of their global strategies.
  • GALA is run by a five-member volunteer Board of Directors elected to two-year terms by the membership. GALA’s day-to-day affairs are managed through the association’s Development Manager and its Membership & Administrative Coordinator.
  • GALA supports major industry conferences and exhibitions, facilitates regional roundtable discussions and provides numerous benefits for its membership such as networking events, a collaborative industry promotion effort, a career services center, group marketing opportunities and professional development workshops.


This guide is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *