The public prosecutors of the National Department for Anticorruption started the penal investigation for some of the most representative persons in the Romanian football:
- Ioan Becali, impresario
- Victor Becali, impresario
- Gheorghe Copos, president and owner of the football club Rapid Bucharest
- Sica Puscoci, attorney
- Mihai Stoica, ex manager of the football club Otelul Galati
- Cristian Borcea, executive president of the football club Dinamo Bucharest
- Mircea Stoenescu, ex president of the football club Dinamo Bucharest
- Jean Padureanu, president of the football club Gloria Bistrita
- Gheorghe Popescu, impresario
- Gheorghe Netoiu, shareholder at the football club Dinamo Bucharest
The ten people are investigated for fraud, tax dodging and money laundering, especially in the transfer of the football players.
The prosecutors have requested and received proves from 17 commissions from Europe and Asia (like China, South Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, etc.), and are based on the previous controls of some Romanian authorities, too. The first results show that, by illegal transactions and using intermediary agents, they have taken more than 10 millions Euro that belong to the football clubs that they represented or for which they worked as impresario. The money was illegally transferred in off-shore companies.
The investigation is focused on the transfer of 12 football players: Contra Cosmin, Codrea Paul, Cernat Florin, Mara Bogdan, Sanmartean Lucian, Bratu Florin, Alexa Dan, Mihalcea Adrian, Mitea Nicolae, Dulca Cristian, Ganea Ionel, Arhire Iulian.
Mircea Sandu, the President of the Romanian Football Federation, agree with the National Department for Anticorruption investigation and says that he hopes that the ten football managers will prove their innocence.